The industry-leading textbook for collision repair and refinishing is now updated to the NATEF 2006 Collision Repair and Refinish Program Standards. Written with clearer explanations and more detail than any other collision repair learning tool on the market, Auto Body Repair Technology, Fifth Edition delves into all aspects of collision repair, from initial collision evaluation, to estimating, to final paint detailing. And because the book is written by a leading author in the auto body field, readers will feel confident that they are learning skills and procedures that incorporate the latest advances in materials and methods.
- New full-color artwork throughout entire book illustrates important topics associated with repair, painting and refinishing
- Discussion of software and hardware commonly available in modern collision repair shops prepares technicians to access service information and specifications quickly and efficiently using a personal computer
- Content on servicing mechanical components, wheel alignment, and restraint system operation rounds out the comprehensive coverage
- Valuable information on ASE certification and entrepreneurship is also included to guide readers to success in their careers
- Enhanced e.resource includes PowerPoint, Computerized Test Bank with hundreds of test questions, and full color Image Library for a complete instructor preparation solution
Table of Contents:
Collision Repair: Introduction and Careers. Vehicle Construction Technology. Service Information, Specifications, Measurements. Hand Tool Technology. Power Tool Technology. Compressed Air System Technology. Body Shop Materials, and Fastener Technology. Welding Equipment Technology. Shop Safety and Efficiency.
Estimating Repair Costs.
Working Sheet Metal. Using Body Fillers. Repairing Plastics. Hood, Bumper, Fender, Lid, and Trim Service. Door, Roof, and Glass Service.
MAJOR BODY FRAME REPAIRS.
Passenger. Compartment Service. Body/Frame Damage Measurement. UniBody/Frame Realignment. Welded Panel Replacement. Restoring Corrosion Protection.
MECHANICAL ELECTRICAL REPAIRS.
Chassis Service and Wheel Repair. Electrical/Electronic System Operation and Service. Restraint System Operation and Service.
Refinishing Equipment Technology. Vehicle Surface Preparation and Masking. Refinishing Procedures. Color Matching and Custom Painting. Paint Problems and Final Detailing.
COLLISION REPAIR PROFESSIONALISM.
Job Success and ASE Certification