Gain confidence and competence with Health Assessment & Physical Examination, Fourth Edition!
Promoting healthy outcomes in patients begins with thorough and knowledgeable assessment, a key nursing responsibility. As you develop and refine your examination skills, you will learn to view the patient from a holistic perspective of not only physical well-being, but social, spiritual, emotional, and psychological health as well. With Health Assessment & Physical Examination, Fourth Edition, you will gain the confidence and technical skills required of a competent and well-trained professional.
- New case studies are included throughout to encourage you to apply critical thinking skills to real-life scenarios.
- New interactive in-book CD-ROM includes assessments, heart and lung sounds, an audio glossary, chapter activities, and much more.
- New review questions are included in each chapter.
- Assessment in Brief checklists show the steps for performing each type of assessment; these are also included in tear-out cards at the back of the book, which can be used as pocket-sized clinical references.
- Pain Assessment section has been expanded with new information on nursing diagnoses, interventions, and expected outcomes related to pain as a presenting symptom.
- A robust Online Companion offers invaluable resources such as web links, study exercises, practice activities, and more.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Critical Thinking and the Nursing Process.
Chapter 2: The Patient Interview.
Chapter 3: The Complete Health History Including Documentation.
Chapter 4: Developmental Assessment.
Chapter 5: Cultural Assessment.
Chapter 6: Spiritual Assessment.
Chapter 7: Nutritional Assessment.
Chapter 8: Physical Assessment Techniques.
Chapter 9: General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain.
Chapter 10: Skin, Hair, and Nails.
Chapter 11: Head, Neck, and Regional Lymphatics.
Chapter 12: Eyes.
Chapter 13: Ears, Nose, Mouth, and Throat.
Chapter 14: Breasts and Regional Nodes.
Chapter 15: Thorax and Lungs.
Chapter 16: Heart and Peripheral Vasculature.
Chapter 17: Abdomen.
Chapter 18: Musculoskeletal System.
Chapter 19: Mental Status and Neurological Techniques.
Chapter 20: Female Genetalia.
Chapter 21: Male Genetailia.
Chapter 22: Anus, Rectum, and Prostate.
Chapter 23: Pregnant Patient.
Chapter 24: Pediatric Patient.
Chapter 25: The Elderly Patient.
Chapter 26: The Complete Health History and Physical Examination.