Technicians trained on air conditioning systems are often required to apply their skills to the servicing of commercial refrigeration equipment. This book provides a solid foundation in comfort cooling that can be readily transferred to a broad understanding of medium and low temperature refrigeration equipment such as walk-ins, reach-ins, refrigerated cases, and ice machines. Coverage specific to refrigeration in the food service industry is emphasized, with scores of practical tips that technicians can use right away in the installation and service of commercial equipment. Helpful tips and sound advice from the experienced author and his employees add a personal touch to the comprehensive coverage, increasing interest in, and retention of, key concepts. This book will improve technicians' knowledge, efficiency, and effectiveness in commercial refrigeration and can serve as a permanent addition to the reference library in any truck or shop.
- This new edition has a fresh text design and is now 4 color which enhances photographs and line art. Text is also hard bound.
- Chapter 6 has a new section on electronics and Evaporator Pressure Regulators.
- Chapter 10, which underwent heavy revision, has a new section on electronic valves and controls and secondary refrigerant.
- Coverage is delivered in a fun, conversational, and easy-to-understand tone, with immediate and practical application to situations likely to be encountered on the job.
- "Rules of Thumb" for diagnosing service problems help prepare technicians for troubleshooting in those situations where factory recommendations and specifications are not readily available.
- Abundant diagrams and pictures illustrate key concepts, aiding visual learners in grasping the information presented.
- The back-of-book CD features animated versions of important concepts.
Table of Contents:
1. Refrigeration Principles.
3. Compressors.Metering Devices.
4. Controls and Accessories.
5. Walk-in System Sizing and Installation.
6. Refrigeration System Troubleshooting.
7. Supermarket Refrigeration.
8. Product Temperatures for Preservation and Health.
9. Motors and Start Components.Electric Control and Motor Troubleshooting.
11. Recovery, Evacuating, and Charging.
12. Ice Machines.
13. Successful Refrigeration Business Tips.
Appendix A: Wirzs Rules of Thumb.
Appendix B: Pressure Temperature (P/T) Chart.
Appendix C: Troubleshooting Chart.