ALTERNATING CURRENT FUNDAMENTALS, 8E, an industrial standard for over thirty years, is the ideal book to provide readers with the most current information available on the essentials of alternating current. The topics in this book are arranged to build readers' knowledge, progressing from basic principles such as the differences between peak, rms, and average values to more complex coverage of circuits containing resistance, inductance, and capacitance. This edition of ALTERNATING CURRENT FUNDAMENTALS, 8E is fully updated, includes additional information on diodes and rectifiers, and contains improved graphics that will assist readers in understanding state-of-the-art concepts.
- Features improved graphics that help your students better understand concepts presented in the book.
- Contains new information on diodes and rectifiers.
- Written to the latest codes from NFPA 70™, National Electrical Code®, Copyright© 2007
- Accompanied by a new instructor supplement CD containing an Instructor Guide, unit presentations done in PowerPoint, and a computerized test bank.
- Information on capacitors, single-phase and three-phase transformers, and single-phase and three-phase motors makes this book one of the most comprehensive and cost-effective on the market.
- Contains examples of basic alternating current circuits that give theoretical concepts a basis in real-world applications.
- Practice problems in applicable chapters, as well as answers, so that your students can monitor their progress as they move through the book.
Table of Contents:
1. An Introduction to Alternating Current.
2. Alternating Current Circuits Containing Resistance.
3. Inductance in Alternating Current Circuits.
4. Series Circuits - Resistance and Impedance.
5. Capacitors and RC Time Constants.
6. Capacitors in Alternating Current Circuits.
7. Series Circuits: Resistance, Inductive Reactance and Capacitive Reactance.
8. AC Parallel Circuits.
9. Series-Parallel Circuits.
10. Three-Phase Systems.
11. AC Instruments and Meters.
12. Alternating Current Generators.
14. Transformer Connections for Three-Phase Circuits.
15. Special Transformer Applications.
16. Three-Phase Induction Motors.
17. Three-Phase Synchronous Motors.
18. Single-Phase Motors.
19. Control Circuits.