Reflecting new technologies and the latest practices in the field, ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES, 3E delivers thorough coverage of theory and practical applications of electrical machines. It begins with a study of magnetism and magnetic induction, single-phase isolation transformers, current transformers, and autotransformers. A unit on three-phase power covers basic connections and calculations before proceeding into transformers. In addition, numerous experiments reinforce theory with hands-on application. A unique combination of transformers and motors makes this book an excellent resource for electrical students and practitioners alike.
- Completely up to date, the new Third Edition of ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES reflects the latest practices in the field and includes thorough coverage of emerging technology.
- More student-friendly than ever, the text is packed with new schematics and illustrations.
- Energy saving tips are highlighted with a special icon.
- It includes new information concerning series and parallel connection of transformer secondary windings.
- New unit 20 covers motor nameplate data
- Units covering the installation of transformers and motors reflect the changes in the 2011 NEC®.
- Offering instructors more flexibility than ever, a powerful new Instructor Resource CD includes the Instructor Guide in PDF format, PowerPoint slides, and a Test Bank.
- An excellent resource for anyone in the electrical trades, ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES, 3e delivers quick access to comprehensive information on single- and three- phase transformers, DC generators, and motors.
- The text offers the ideal combination of theory and practical applications, providing valuable insight for readers interested in employment within the industrial electrical field.
- Nine experiments integrated throughout the book give readers hands-on experience putting chapter theory and concepts into practice.
Table of Contents:
2. Magnetic Induction.
3. Inductance in Alternating-Current Circuits.
4. Single-Phase Isolation Transformers.
6. Current Transformers.
7. Three-Phase Circuits.
8. Three-Phase Transformers.
9. Single-Phase Loads for Three-Phase Transformers.
10. Transformer Installation.
11. Transformer Cooling.
12. Transformer Maintenance.
14. Direct Current Generators.
15. Direct Current Motors.
17. Three-Phase Motors.
18. Single-Phase Motors.
19. Motor Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
20. Motor Nameplate Data.
21. Motor Installation.