Learn the basics of physican-based medical billing with MEDICAL BILLING 101, 2E. Clear and practical guidelines introduce you to the job responsibilities and basic processes in the medical billing world. Case studies and software tools like SimClaim™ CMS-1500 software offer you practice on actual forms to build confidence and understanding of the reimbursement process. This easy-to-use guide starts you off on the right path as you begin your journey to becoming a medical billing professional.
- Contol what content students see and when they see it with a learning path that can be used as-is or matched to your syllabus exactly.
- Create a unique learning path of relevant readings, multimedia, and activities that move students up the learning taxonomy from basic knowledge and comprehension to analysis, application, and critical thinking.
- Integrate your own content into the MindTap Reader using your own documents or pull from sources like RSS feeds, YouTube videos, websites, googledocs, and more.
- Use powerful analytics and reports that provide a snapshot of class progress, time in course, engagement, and completion.
- Empower students with the information to know where they stand at all times – both individually and compared to the highest performers in class.
- Help students stay organized and efficient with a single destination that reflects exactly what's important to you, the instructor.
- Automatically grade assignments and quizzes.
Table of Contents:
1.Your Job as a Physician-Based Medical Biller.
2. Health Insurance and the Identification Card.
3. The Codes (CPT, HCPCS Level II, ICD-9, ICD-10 and Modifiers).
4. The Forms (Patient Registration, Superbill, Hospital Sheet).
5. The `Heart? of Medical Billing: the CMS-1500 Form.
6. Billing for Office Services and Procedures.
7. Billing for Inpatient and Nursing Facility Services.
8. Electronic Claims Submission and Clearinghouses.
9. EOBs and Payments.
10. Denials and Appeals.
11.Maintaining Accounts Receivable, Aging Reports, and Rebilling.
12.Collections and the State Insurance Commissioner.
Appendix I: SimClaim Case Studies for the CMS-1500 Form.
Appendix II: Forms.