MindTap Beauty & Wellness for Beck's Theory & Practice of Therapeutic Massage, 6th Edition helps you learn on your terms.
INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET.
Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App to learn on your terms. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes.
MINDTAP HELPS YOU CREATE YOUR OWN POTENTIAL. GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS.
Track your scores and stay motivated toward your goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you'll know where you need to focus your efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot "P" will charge your confidence along the way.
MINDTAP HELPS YOU OWN YOUR PROGRESS. MAKE YOUR TEXTBOOK YOURS.
No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it's time to study, everything you've flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you can organize.
- MindTap is an outcome-driven application that propels students from memorization to mastery. It's the only platform that gives you complete ownership of your course. With it, you can challenge every student, build their confidence, and empower them to be unstoppable.
- ACCESS EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE PLACE.
Cut down on prep with MindTap's preloaded, organized course materials. Teach more efficiently with interactive multimedia, assignments, quizzes, and more. And give your students the power to read, listen, and study on their phones, so they can learn on their terms.
- EMPOWER YOUR STUDENTS TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL.
Twelve distinct metrics give you actionable insights into student engagement. Identify topics troubling your entire class and instantly communicate with struggling students. And students can track their scores to stay motivated toward their goals. Together, you can accelerate progress.
- YOUR COURSE. YOUR CONTENT.
Only MindTap gives you complete control over your course. You have the flexibility to reorder textbook chapters, add your own notes, and embed a variety of content including OER. Personalize course content to your students' needs. They can even read your notes, add their own, and highlight key text to aid their progress.
- A DEDICATED TEAM, WHENEVER YOU NEED THEM.
MindTap isn't just a tool, it's backed by a personalized team eager to support you. We help you set up your course and tailor it to your specific objectives, so you'll be ready to make an impact from day one. And we'll be standing by to help you and your students until the final day of the term.
Table of Contents:
PART I: The History and Advancement of Therapeutic Massage.
1. Historical Overview of Massage.
2. Requirements for the Practice of Therapeutic Massage.
3. Professional Ethics for Massage Practitioners.
PART II: Human Anatomy and Physiology.
4. Overview of Human Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology.
5. Human Anatomy and Physiology.
PART III: Massage Practice.
6. Effects, Benefits, Indications, and Contraindications of Massage.
7. Equipment and Products.
8. Infection Control and Safety Practices.
9. Consultation and Documentation.
10. Classification of Massage Movements.
11. Preparations for the Practitioner.
12. Procedures for Complete Body Massages.
13. Cold, Heat, and Hydrotherapies.
14. Massage in the Spa Setting by Steve Capellini.
15. Clinical Massage Techniques.
16. Lymph Massage.
17. Therapeutic Procedures.
18. Athletic/Sports Massage.
19. Massage for Special Populations.
20. Massage in Medicine.
21. Other Therapeutic Techniques.
PART IV: Massage Business Administration.
22. Business Practices.