Online Companion: Fundamentals of Nursing Standards and Practice 2E
After reading Chapter 24, the student
should be ready to
• Define five basic ethical principles.
• Describe a model for ethical decision-making in clinical situations.
• Compare the concepts of law, ethics and values.
• Discuss how nursing's code of ethics and the Patient's Bill of Rights
guide nurses to ethical practice.
• Describe the strategies the nurse can use to provide ethical care.
• Describe advocacy behaviors that are part of ethical nursing practice.