MATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADE, 5E is an up-to-date, highly practical book that helps readers develop a real-world understanding of math concepts and applications in the modern automotive repair trade. Written at a beginner's level, this book is a comprehensive instructional workbook that shows readers how to solve the types of math problems faced regularly by automotive technicians. Unique to MATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADE, 5E are realistic practice exercises that allow readers to determine if their answers fall within manufacturers' specifications and repair orders that are completed by finding the appropriate information in the professional literature and reference material, included in the book's valuable appendices.
- Contains updated applications and examples that reflect changes in automotive technology.
- New coverage of Statistics included.
- Replaced the flat rate pages for the Corvette in Appendix A with pages for the Ford Fusion, Milan (2006–2009), Zephyr (2006), MKZ (2007–2009), and Milan Hybrid (2010), emphasizing new hybrid technology.
- Contains updated coverage of automotive parts and equipment, new repair orders, additional questions that reflect current concerns with hybrid, electric, and other new technologies and updated gas prices, tax data, etc. that reflect "current" prices.
- Contains content that is correlated with NATEF's Applied Academics and will help prepare your students for ASE Automotive tests.
- Reviews basic mathematics skills, practical math applications for specific automotive situations, and both customary and metric systems of measurement as they apply to the automotive trade, immediately preparing students with math skills they will use on the job.
- Covers personal and business finance examine discounts, profit and loss, commissions, interest and payments, and taxes, providing a well-rounded business review of the issues faced by today's automotive technician.
- Provides manufacturer's specification data for real-world applications to problems ensuring a realistic experience for your students that will mirror what they'll encounter on the job.
Table of Contents:
1. Whole Numbers.
4. Geometry, Angle Measurement and the Metric System.
5. Integers and Signed Numbers.
6. Ratios, Proportions, and Percentages.
7. Business and Statistics.
8. Completing Repair Orders.
9. The Automobile Engine.
10. Automobile Engine Systems.
11. Automobile Electrical Systems.
12. The Automobile Drive Train.
13. The Automobile Chassis.
14. Automobile Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
15. Measurement Tools.
Appendix B. Summary of Formulas in this Text-Workbook.
Appendix C. Answers to Odd-Numbered Practice Exercises.